Skip to main content

Bible Study: God's Unexpected Ways of Helping You

Hey y'all! I am currently reading Hillbilly Elegy by J.D. Vance and found a certain page in the book very interesting. It talks about how God sends help, but sometimes you don't even realize it. This passage is blunt but has purpose, enjoy!

"A young man was sitting at home when a terrible rainstorm began. Within hours, the man's house began to flood, and someone came to his door offering a ride to higher ground. The man declined, saying "God will take care of me." A few hours later, as the waters engulfed the first floor of the man's home, a boat passed by, and the captain offered to take the man to safety. The man declined, saying "God will take care of me." A few hours after that, as the man waited on his roof--his entire home flooded--a helicopter flew by, and the pilot offered transportation to dry land. Again the man declined, telling the pilot that God would take care of him. Soon thereafter, the waters overcame the man, and as he stood before God in heaven, he protested his fate: "You promised that you'd help me so long as I was faithful." God replied, " I sent you a car, a boat, and a helicopter. Your death is your own fault." God helps those who help themselves"(Pages 86-87).

I believe this passage is very true, you can't wait around risking your life when opportunities come by. God sends help in the most unexpected ways! You have to take matters in your own hands and help yourself with the aid and guidance of God. 

2 Timothy 1:7:
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and self-control.

Joshua 1:9:
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.



The picture above was taken during my Colorado trip! I am on your right side, second seat in the raft. A blog post about my trip will be up soon!

Thanks for reading!
Love,
Gabby

Popular posts from this blog

My Driving Test

Hey y'all! Today I am sharing my rather hilarious driving test results, enjoy!

When we first arrive, I am literally shaking, I am so nervous! When the highway police men entered my car and we started my test, I drove to a deserted neighborhood and parked on a hill. So far so good! After driving around in the neighborhood, we drive back to where we started and I parallel parked. Actually I tried to parallel park... 

CLICK HERE TO SEE ME PARALLEL PARK

Explanation:
Sooo you guys are probably wondering what the heck I was doing in the car! Well, I was going into the parking spot but I cut too sharp and didn't correct myself fast enough so I hit the curb. When I hit the curb I tried to correct myself again and ended up hitting the front cone. I put the car in reverse and backed up a foot or two. When the highway department officer told me to go back to the front of the building, I forgot I was still in reverse so when I pressed the gas we went backwards. I drove the car back to the fro…

How to Get Free Stickers

As you can see on our Instagram page, Reagan and I love stickers! We started off our sticker collection by emailing companies, then trading stickers with other people, and here we are now. Lots of companies that you think won't send stickers actually do! So here is a list of companies that send out free stickers! Enjoy!




Jadelynn Brooke Southern MarshPatagoniaBrooklyn ClothingHaley and the HoundRip CurlBirkenstocks Chaco Vineyard VinesTrek LightPeace TeaKav├╝Moosejaw K┼ŹkatatNewtonBrooks Under ArmorScout In-N-Out AFTCOMast Generel StoreCalifornia Republic Kendra ScottLauren JamesWing StopSummer TiesJackson Pine CoQuilted Koala Tide and TrueKinnucan Lake 30Summer Ties Fish HippieFrill SeakersMatilda JaneExofficio You can email any of these conpanies and they will send you free stickers!! I also have my own Mercari account where I sell stickers! (My account)  Use my invite code: MWUUCZ  to get $2 off your first purchase! Thanks for reading y'all!

~Gabby Preps

Get To Know Me

Hey y'all! Today I sharing some get-to-know-me things, enjoy!

I am going to be a junior in high school!I am a Jadelynn Brooke rep (use my code GBBHS17 for 15% off)I LOVE playing tennis! I am on the varsity team at my school.I also love to swim! I am a tri-state champion swimmer in breaststrokeI have 9 pets! 2 deer, 2 dogs, 3 cats, and 2 goatsI am terrified of sharks and alligatorsI love reading! My favorite book is The Count of Monte CristoI like 70s and 80s musicI am a huge fan of Marvel moviesI like to go hiking and hanging in my hammock I collect snow globes and medals, I have over 100 each!My favorite school subject is EnglishThis summer I am getting my first job as a lifeguard!I am a huge nerd about Harry Potter and Star WarsMy favorite clothing brand is Jadelynn Brooke During the summer I love to go to the lake and go campingMy favorite cartoon is Avatar the Last AirbenderMy favorite artists/bands are Redbone, Shawn Mendes, Eagles, The Script, Fall Out Boy, and The ScriptI am…